thefaildotorg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live'

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live' Empty Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live'

Post by ZeroCool Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:46 am

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin appeared on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," along with Palin lookalike Tina Fey.

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin appeared on two skits on "Saturday Night Live."

The show's opening sketch featured a mock press conference with Fey reprising her role as the Alaska governor.

The piece then cut to a shot of Palin watching Fey's performance on a television monitor with Lorne Michaels, the show's executive producer.

"I just didn't think it was a realistic depiction of the way my press conferences would have gone," she said.

"Why couldn't we have done the '30 Rock' sketch that I wrote?" she asked, referring to the NBC comedy which stars Fey.

"Honestly, not enough people know that show," Michaels responds.

The opening sketch also featured a surprise visit by Alec Baldwin, Fey's "30 Rock" co-star, who mistook Palin for Fey, and tried to convince Michaels not to let Fey appear on the show with the governor. He snapped his fingers, trying to remember the nickname some had given Palin.

Don't Miss
'SNL' cast gets in presidential character
Tina Fey's SNL plans this week: 'I don't know'
"Caribou Barbie," Palin reminded him.

Baldwin, still oblivious that he was talking to the governor, continued: "You want her, our Tina, to go out there and stand there with that horrible woman," he asked. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Michaels points out he was standing next to the real Palin.

"Forgive me, I must say this," Baldwin backtracked. "You are way hotter in person. I mean seriously. I mean, I can't believe they let her play you."

Palin laughed and responded that Baldwin's brother, Stephen, was her favorite. Stephen Baldwin, also an actor, is a Christian conservative with his own ministry.

Palin then took the podium and told the reporters she was not going to take any of their questions.

She then uttered the signature line that opens the show every weekend: "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night."

Later in the show, Palin appeared on SNL's "Weekend Update" with cast members Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers.

"I've been thinking it over and I'm not going to do the piece we rehearsed," Palin told Meyers. "My gut is telling me it might be a bad idea for the campaign."

Poehler said she would do the part and launched into a rap about being Sarah Palin. Among her backup dancers was cast member Jason Sukeikis who impersonated Palin's husband, Todd.

Palin grooved along to the music, even raising her hands when Poehler sang "All the mavericks in the house, put your hands up! All the plumbers in the house, put your pants up!"

The plumber reference was meant to invoke the now-famous Joe "the Plumber" Wurzelbacher, who Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain has held up as a small business owner who will see his taxes rise if his Democratic rival, Sen. Barack Obama, wins the election.

In both skits, Palin delivered her lines with a straight face but mostly played the comic foil to the show's cast of mischief-makers.

On Thursday, multiple sources told CNN that Palin planned to appear on the hit show.

"Saturday Night Live" has featured three opening skits in which former cast member and Palin lookalike Tina Fey portrays the Alaska governor.

Fey first appeared as Palin for the show's season premiere last month in a sketch with SNL cast member Amy Poehler, who played Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Fey reprised her role as Palin two weeks later, again alongside Poehler, who played CBS's Katie Couric in a parody of Palin's interview with the CBS anchor earlier that week.

Earlier this week, Palin told reporters that she'd love to appear on the show with Fey, The Associated Press reported.

"I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented," Palin said, according to the AP.

"It would be fun to meet her, imitate her and keep on giving her new material."

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.thefail.org

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live' Empty Re: Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live'

Post by ZeroCool Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 am

what better way to gain support than through comedy

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live' Empty Re: Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live'

Post by alalicious Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:22 pm

it doesn't matter half the votes will be based on the fact that Nailing Palin will come out soon too and Mccain will get the vote because people want to do her

alalicious
Respected Member
Respected Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mellowyellow Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:04 pm

mellowyellow

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroCool Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 pm

I wish when I copied this from cnn it would have put this video up as well

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mellowyellow Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 am

i sorry

mellowyellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforsaken Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:05 pm

mmmmmmmmmm Nailing Palin........
Unforsaken
Unforsaken
el administrator
el administrator

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroCool Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:09 pm

and your location says it all

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by alalicious Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 pm

......nice

alalicious
Respected Member
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforsaken Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:34 pm

She is a mother, and she is in America. I win so hard
Unforsaken
Unforsaken
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroCool Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:09 pm

I guess so then

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by alalicious Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:18 am

well anyway you would have to be in her bed.....well because you know your sleeping on the couch lol Smile

alalicious
Respected Member
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforsaken Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm pretty sure the futon of amazing'ness has been returned to me after the water dried from kitty being pissed knock cups down kitty
Unforsaken
Unforsaken
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadow225 Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:20 pm

unforsaken is too stubborn to admit that he really is afraid of psycho kitty at night. He doesn't sleep well.

scared

LostShadow225

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforsaken Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Why do you think I have to drink at Zero's house before I come home and confront the kitty that strikes fear deep into my soul?
Unforsaken
Unforsaken
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroCool Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 am

I don't blame you

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mellowyellow Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 am

I'm seeing Palin wednesday.... go me!!!!

mellowyellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroCool Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:57 am

you suck

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mellowyellow Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 am

teasing

mellowyellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforsaken Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:33 am

See if she really is totally doable or not.... I'm rather curious!
Unforsaken
Unforsaken
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mellowyellow Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:39 am

ill let you know!!

mellowyellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforsaken Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 am

Sweet, like your quote by the way
Unforsaken
Unforsaken
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mellowyellow Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:44 am

thank you!!

mellowyellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroCool Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Sarah Palin appears on 'Saturday Night Live' 40348

ZeroCool
el administrator
el administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadow225 Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:37 pm

lame

LostShadow225

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next